Over the past couple of years many of our volunteer positions and structures of the church were not needed due to COVID but as we have begun to recover and reopen, those positions and structures are ready for a comeback! We invite you to look over the list below and prayerfully consider whether any of these roles are a good fit for you and a way for you to serve your faith community. If you are interested or want to learn more, please email email@example.com.
• Small Groups Coordinator: Help get small groups started again, come up with ideas for new small groups, help people get connected to small groups that may fit their needs. Once there’s a leader for a particular group, that leader can handle the communications with their group. (1-2 people)
• Deacons: On Sunday, help with communion set up and clean up, greet people at the front doors, help kids light candles, help visitors know where things are and where to go on Sunday mornings. Collect connect cards and offerings and bring to office. Count worship attendance and put in office.
• Mission Activities Team: Coordinate monthly mission and volunteer opportunities with Micah Ministry, Shawnee Community Center, local schools, etc. Connect with other organizations in the community that we could support through volunteer opportunities, donations, etc.
• Welcoming Team: Looking ahead, as we continue to get more new people and visitors, we may want to have a dedicated team making sure those individuals are followed up with and integrated into the life of the church. The team would also look at how to encourage growth/new membership.
• Generosity Team: (What we used to call stewardship) A couple of individuals to help our faith community understand generosity in all of its forms, not just financial, and create a plan on how to weave generosity into the fabric of who we are as a faith community instead of a yearly drive once a year that is then forgotten about.